What Our Parents Think We Do: 0:40 — 8:50
When you work in a technical industry, it can often be a challenge to get your family or friends to understand what you do for a living. Whether it’s trying to explain SEO to your grandmother or a parent that calls you at work so you can fix their computer, you probably can commiserate with our stories.
Marketing and Sales: What Are The Expectations: 8:50 — 22:55
Mike kicks-off a
moan fest productive conversation about the misconceptions about sales and marketing and how they should work together. Should marketing always lead to a sale? Is marketing about enticing the user or driving them to make a purchase? Will marketing be your pull and sales be your push? This is a conversation that needs to happen between a marketing agency and a client to make sure everyone is working to meet realistic expectations.
Making Your PPC Shine: 22:55 — 27:30
While PPC ads may not lead to an immediate sale, it’s important not to overlook their ability to assist in the sales process. If you’re new to PPC, Meg outlines a few ways you can improve your efforts.
- You don’t have to get it perfect right off the bat. PPC campaigns give you continuous insight into new keywords/phrases that you can incorporate into your ads and site content.
- Make sure your landing page copy has the right tone. Ninety percent of customers are more likely to trust brands with custom content that is informative rather than sales driven.
- Consider the buyer’s journey. Is your audience in the awareness, consideration, or decision-making phase? Make sure your ads and landing page address them accordingly.
Content to Make Your SEO Team Proud: 27:30 — 38:54
When you’re writing website content, you always have that SEO voice in the back of your mind reminding you to optimize, optimize, optimize! But to create a helpful experience for the user, keeping your writing natural is even more important. Here’s what you can do to create natural content that your SEO team will approve of.
- Create a foundation of content that users at every level of awareness can relate to and find value in.
- Grab a user’s attention early and find ways to keep their attention throughout your content.
- Write content that is conversational. A website is not a term paper.
- Use your keywords carefully. Keyword stuffing is the opposite of natural and can be spotted at first glance.