Tips for Clients When Giving Design Feedback: 0:50 – 9:40
Providing feedback on design work, whether a website, logo, or printed materials, can quickly become very personal. “I don’t like that image.” “I don’t think those colors work.” When you notice this happening, take a step back and remember that designs are not necessarily meant to appeal to you. They are meant to appeal to your target audience and you might not share the same mindset as those individuals.
We recommend doing a check of each suggested change by asking, “how will this make the experience better for my audience?” This will help you to refocus your feedback using “they” instead of “I” or “we.”
A Creative Approach to PPC: 10:00 – 14:27
Keywords play a big role in PPC, but you shouldn’t put all your focus on keywords. Your ad copy is just as important as your keywords. Here are some ways you can make your PPC ads stand out.
- Create urgency and appeal to FOMO (There’s even a tool for that! Check out AdWords Countdown Customizer.)
- Don’t just push the sale
- Know your audience’s motivation
- Find the emotional triggers
Local SEO Predictions – Agree or Disagree?: 15:00 – 26:15
We put Mike Shaw on the spot and ask him to agree or disagree with Moz’s predictions for the future of local SEO. We also asked him to respond in one word only, but you’ll see that doesn’t last very long. Here are his verdicts!
- There will be a major shakeup in the local SEO ranking factors. – AGREE!
- We’ll see diversification in the features returned in local SEO results. – DEPENDS ON INDUSTRY!
- Features offered in Google and Amazon search results will be influenced by the questions asked to their voice search products (Alexa or OK, Google). – DISAGREE!
- Google will begin to provide incredibly specific details on local businesses. – AGREE!
- Free packs will be diminished and local business owners will need to pay-to-play. – AGREE!
- “Near Me” searches will increase. – AGREE!
- Amazon’s local impact will increase with their entrance into local business models. – DISAGREE!