In this episode, Alyssa, Kate, Tim, and Amanda discuss the birth of the Philadelphia Flyers mascot, Gritty, the pros and cons of an open office layout (they’ll surprise you!), and the intense hiring process that Amazon swears by. We also dive into the latest SodaStream ad and the start of the new “soda war.” Intrigued? Listen in! You won’t want to miss this.
What We Talked About
- How the Flyers Created Gritty, the Internet’s Most Beloved Mascot
- Freakonomics: Yes, the Open Office Is Terrible — But It Doesn’t Have to Be (Ep. 358)
- Amazon has picked its 2nd and 3rd headquarters. Now the tough part: How to hire 50,000 more employees
- SodaStream Mimics Iconic Coke Ad While Stressing Plastic Pollution Problem
- Soda Stream – It’s Time for a Change!
- Coca-Cola, 1971 – ‘Hilltop’ | “I’d Like to Buy the World a Coke”